Saturday, February 19, 2011

Turkish Coffee


Went to Byblos Cafe in the Orange Circle this morning with Brittany. We were both first-timers. This charming Mediterranean cafe seemed to be run by just one man. A very welcoming older man who works the front desk and cooks. I had seen a sign outside about a week ago saying they serve Turkish coffee and my curiosity was hooked! I had tried some espresso in Paris before, but the Turkish coffee was a much different experience. It was strong, flavorful, and a slight spice flavor to it. I added a little sugar and I was set. I love how even though the serving is small the coffee has such flavor and a kick to it, that you can't gulp it down in one go. You sip and savor.

That was one strong cup of joe, I was all smiles and perkiness after two small servings!
Made my Saturday morning.

Go out and try some Turkish coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment